Friday, April 9, 2010

Conclusion on Southern Identity

After spending a semester in English reading, studying, writing, and presenting on the Southern Identity, I can now conclude my thoughts on whether it exists or not. In my first blog posting, I did on the blues and BB King, as a representation of southern identity. After the semester, I feel the same about that being a piece and representing the South.
Overall, there will forever be a southern identity because of the past, and no one will ever be able to change that. The South has developed it's own sense of itself to the world and to themselves, and whether it's BBQ, blues, the way we talk, or the way we have acted in the past, it has created itself. Southern identity is real, and whether it's shrinking, changing, or going away it truly does not matter, because it will always be remembered, and stereotyped amongst the South. The world is becoming more and more diverse and I believe someday the world will become more universal and one.
one-world-one-future.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment