Sunday, April 4, 2010

People With a Large Effect


Since I have always loved music, I have to say that one of the most important Southern figures are Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash. Elvis is one of the most famous musicians of all time, and redefined music for all to come. His style of music was something new. People hadn't heard anything quite so loud, alive, and different, especially in such a common setting. Elvis became a household name, playing on radios all about the country, as well as live shows. He also had different phases of music, transitioning between blues, gospel, and rock and roll. The King brought new musical ideas to the minds of musicians everywhere.

Johnny Cash is another famous Southern musician. He is the most famous country musician, at least from my perspective. Although I don't know much about his music, I know that he himself had a very interesting life and musical career. He is about the only country musician that I feel everyone across America has ever heard of. I can think of many people who have become rather interested in country music directly as a result of enjoying Johnny Cash's music. Although not exactly a country fan, I can say that having heard a few songs here and there, I don't mind listening to his music. It comes off as being country, but also as having blues and rock and roll, mixed into one, as with Elvis.

No comments:

Post a Comment